HIDE Wind Advisory issued November 18 at 10:44PM EST until November 19 at 12:00PM EST by NWS Greenville-Spartanburg
...BRISK MOUNTAIN WINDS TONIGHT AND EARLY SUNDAY...
.A fast-moving cold front will move through the area overnight.
Wind gusts ahead of the front will become strong enough to blow
down a few trees on the high ridges of Western North Carolina and
Northeast Georgia. Gusts will strengthen as a cold front passes
overnight, then gradually diminish Sunday morning.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST SUNDAY...
* LOCATIONS...The mountains and higher foothills of Western
North Carolina, plus Rabun and Habersham counties in Georgia.
* HAZARDS...Strong wind gusts.
* TIMING...Winds will increase across the high elevations through
the late evening. After a cold front passes through the area
around midnight, the strong winds are expected to expand into
the lower elevations, with the strongest winds expected between
midnight and sunrise Sunday.
* WINDS...Strong westerly to northwesterly winds are expected
along and behind a cold front overnight into Sunday morning. Sustained
winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph appear likely in
many valley locations tonight, while elevations above 3500 feet
will see some gusts exceed 50 to 55 mph.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.